About ALAPIO: Association of Los Angeles Physicians of Indian Origin
ALAPIO is a very young, newly formed non-profit organization that was started in June 2013 with just a handful of physicians that shared a common goal of a unique organization. ALAPIO has grown rapidly in the last one year with an impressive membership from both academia and private practice.
The Mission of our organization:
- To provide a service oriented educational and philanthropic non-profit organization to serve the medical profession and the community at large.
“ Health and Wellbeing to All”
Our Recent Contributions:
- Provide CME lectures and credits in a variety of major health topics including:
- ‘Heart Disease’ Speaker: Dr Jignesh Patel, Cardiologist, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, LA
- ‘Role of Vitamin D in Health and Disease’: Dr Sudhir Gupta, Immunologist, University of California, Irvine
- ‘Stem Cells and Nanotechnology’: Dr Uttam Sinha, Head & Neck Surgery, Univ. of Southern California, LA
- ‘Prostate Cancer’: Dr Timothy Lesser, Torrance, CA
- Future of Independent Hospital & Practice: Lex Reddy, CEO, Alecto Healthcare
- Provide a social and networking platform for younger physicians, and entertainment provided by local artistes
- Obtain a 501© 3 Tax Exempt Organization status with a Tax ID.
- Organizing a Charity Fundraising Concert with the objective of raising funds to:
- Establish a multi-specialty free physician service to the financially underprivileged in the greater Los Angeles area
- Promote awareness and educate children and parents about health risks of childhood obesity
- Host Free Seminars and Health Fairs to promote preventive health education
If you are a physician and would like to contribute and participate please become a member.